Monday 14 September 2009

5 Days until Lap Day!!

Well 5 days into the pre-op diet and 5 days until the operation. Feeling a bit stressed and anxious today. Guess its alot to take onboard, but wish I could just relax a little.  I have been reading all the info on the operation and the after-op advice.

Was reading about the importance of eating a well balanced meal. Of course my stomach will be so tiny that the quality of the food is more important. I'm going to really be careful about what I put in my mouth!  Apparently if you don't consume enough protein, then you can become protein deficient which can lead to hair loss, fatigue, muscle weakness, depression, anxiety, headache, low blood pressure and irregular heart rate.... Scary!

I can see how my eating is emotional... I felt a bit stressed yesterday and thought about having a sandwich or a meal before the op at the weekend, a bit like a final meal before my new stomach. When I thought about it though, it seemed silly. The pre-op diet is as much about a new start as the band is, so I'm sticking to the diet. If I give in to temptation I'm only cheating myself.... a cliche but very true.

1 comment:

  1. You've got a great attitude! Good luck with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete