Thursday 17 September 2009

2 Days Until Op Day!!

Ok, getting a bit nervous now.  It's so close and now it feels very real. Just been planning how to get there (Kent to Manchester is not the easiest journey).  I can fly up, but have to come back on the train, as I cant fly so soon after surgery as the air in my stomach would obviosly expand in the plane and could cause problems with the band.

Feeling a bit tired today, wonder if its because of the very light Pre-op diet I'm on?  Must be working though as the scales say I am loosing weight. (My boyfriends scales say I have lost 10 pounds since I started the diet last week, but I will wait until I stand on my own scales before I believe that).  The nurse called yesterday to check that I was ready for the weekend. She said that the weight I had lost was probably mainly from water.  I dont mind though, at least this means that I should have made my liver smaller for the op.

So..... two more days of the diet, then from Saturday evening, no more food and drink.  I check into the hospital on Sunday morning, then I'm out Monday morning! Seems awfully quick, but I guess thats a good thing.  Then my new life starts... scary, but very exciting! Probably wont make my next posting on here until after the op. Wish me luck! x

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna do great! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Super anxious now, just on my way up to the hospital :-)

    ReplyDelete